1. Drugs offer relief of symptoms that gives an illusion of being okay. You don’t have to be as careful about what you eat, your blood sugar, blood pressure or cholesterol will be okay.
2. Drugs do not cure disease. If they did, you wouldn’t have to keep going back to the doctor.
3. Drugs usually have a long list of adverse effects that John Public would never guess possible. A purple pill (heal the damage) has 120 side effects listed in the Physician’s Desk Reference.
4. Our bodies don’t have a deficiency supplied by aspirin or some other drug, and they become toxic in time to the chemical. People often go to their doctor for the “headache, diarrhea, or abdominal pain” caused by a prescription and get an additional Rx instead of quitting the cause. This puts them on a slippery slope that can take them down fast.
Adverse drug reactions have become the leading cause of illness, disability and death, but most people don’t know it–the media don’t report it. Their sponsors are the drug companies. Sir William Osler, the father of modern medicine said, “Far too large a section of the treatment of disease is today controlled by the big manufacturing pharmacists, who have enslaved us in a plausible pseudo-science… We take into our bodies which we know little about, drugs that we know less about, to treat diseases that we know nothing about.”
6. Osler echoes what Hippocrates said, “Nature cures, not the physician…Let your food be your medicine.” Pritikin showed it works by reversing heart disease, high blood pressure and type-2 diabetes in about 85% of cases 30 years ago, but medical greed prevented wide acceptance.
90% of drug prescriptions are unnecessary if people would be wise in what they put in their mouths. If we were normal at birth (6 or 8 pounds), and we have problems after 30 years or more, we did it to ourselves, and we can reverse it if we choose to quit the abuses of eating, drinking, smoking, stressing and sexing as underlying causes, but it takes time and we are impatient patients.
7. The choices are clear. Self-control and self-government results in freedom, health and happiness, while exercising our freedoms to eat, drink and take drugs as we please brings bondage to illness, pain, medical care, big government “healthcare” with drugs and vaccinations for all, maybe even euthanasia by the time we get ready for it? If we don’t express ourselves soon, it will be too late.
Healthcare Problem – Prescription Drugs